Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Growing on me...

well, this place is growing on me. The past few days of class have been great! I'm in university and learning about sleeping bags, hiking boots, jackets....and of course REAL stuff too like maps, compasses, weather readings....;) haha. today we set up tents......

I also went to the pool today. we get free access and its a nice pool with lane swimming all the time. I learnt that I can't swim. I mean i can swim, but every time i dip my head to take some strokes i breathe in my nose while i'm breathing out my mouth...is that even possible??? so i end up having to come up and choke, which probably looks like i'm drowning. I kept expecting the lifeguards to come over and see if i was ok, I even tried putting my ear plugs in my nose (seriously)....finally i gave up and wanted to go on the water slide (more my style) but it wasn't running, so the hot tub had to do. Then i found a great wrap place for supper and I went to the climbing gym. so much fun, but i'm more excited to get outside and climb.

Each day gets more familiar and goes by quicker...i'm learning the streets here too a bit, and i want to get out biking in the hills before it gets too cold. Seems like there is a lot to do here which is nice, and I get two weeks off really soon...its a bit odd but its just how the scheduling worked, unless i read it wrong (very possible). anyway, that's it for now....

1 comment:

Manna said...

Oh Renae... I am so excited for you! You've had so many adventures already and your first month isn't even over yet!! Can't wait to hear what's in store over the next few months!!! :)