Sunday, January 11, 2009

The last week of my life...

These pictures represent what's happened in the last week of my life :) I've realized that maybe i needed to paint without getting paid to really enjoy it! It is amazing how when you are a part of something God has put together, it doesn't matter what you are doing so much, you just work as hard as you can, this just happens to be painting.

So this is the center we are working at. ALTO REFUGIO means High Refuge, and that is what God is in our lives and what this center is to so many people suffering with AIDS here. It really is an amazing ministry!!
Inside the centers' main area where we eat lunch every day. the red is what we were painting most of the pillars, including the wall around the sign reading SOLIDARIDAD which means coming together, or working together sort of getting strength together as a community. Below, mom is improvising with taping a brush to a pole...we've had to improvise a little bit with the tools here, but thank goodness we brought some of our own brushes!!!

One of the perks is that we are right beside and ice cream shop! Ice cream cones for 25 cents!! A sign I am in the right place ;) We enjoy them pretty much every day...And below me painting door and frame. One of my least favorite days was painting these ALL day, and its oil paint so i got really light headed and it burned my eyes....so that was a down side, but by the end i realized you just choose to do something to make you happy. We really do choose our attitudes sometimes....So that was the past week. LONG days, sometimes 13 or 14 hours of working, and 38-40 degrees!! Oh yes, that is above zero ;)

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Looks great, renae!! I wish i were there with you...looks like such an amazing place to be.

Tamara said...

Hi Renae, thanks for posting some pics. Makes it a lot easier to visualize what you are doing. So are you looking to be done in the 2 weeks like you planned? I bet it must be interesting working with the paint they have out there!! I'm glad you have ice cream for 25 cents - I always found it made the day go by a lot nicer when there was a treat to look forward too! Guess I'm still a kid that way. Good to hear from you!