Monday, February 09, 2009

Defeat of Purpose.


Today I bought a starbucks mug. It looks like this. Made of 29% recycled materials. I bought it becuase, well i needed a new one, but i also feel bad every time i get a disposable cup. So I was so excited to get a drink in my new mug because you get a free beverage when you purchase it. So i got to the counter and the lady told me you can't get your drink in the mug on the day you buy the mug...they give you a coupon to come back. So I paid for a drink which they put in a paper cup and I promptly poured it into my new mug and threw away the cup! Why couldn't they have put my drink in my new mug?!?!? The joy of not creating garbage was robbed of me today..... but I DO like my new mug :)

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Ah yes, the evil plan of corporations to keep as much money as possible. Because statiscially, probably a lot of people will never use the coupon, where as they would have used it when they bought the mug. EVIL I TELL YOU!!!! Hey, you never called again! We had small group that Wednesday so I couldn't get my phone. Call me again sometime! :)

righthere.rightnow. said...

That is ludicrous! I have a "free oatmeal" coupon that came in the mail... will I have to go back after buying the first one? Now I'm confused...